The Africa Centre is pleased to announce the winners of its 2016 Artists In Residency (AIR) Programme who are the following artists:
1. Mina Nasr | Visual Arts | Egypt – Jiwar, Spain
2. Qudus Onikeku | Performing Arts| Nigeria – Instituto Sacatar, Brazil
3. Catherine Nakawesa | Performing Arts | Uganda – Handshake 302, China
4. Hasan Essop | Visual Arts | South Africa- Khoj, India
5. Beza Lemma | Film| Ethiopia – Bundanon Trust, Australia
6. Gladys Kalichini | Visual Arts| Zambia – Fountainhead, USA
7. James Web | Visual Arts | South Africa – Fountainhead, USA
Over the coming weeks, more about these artists, including their residency proposals will be revealed here and on AIR social media platforms.
And, in two weeks, the shortlist for the Bellagio Center residencies will be announced and the final selection made in May 2017.