The Crater Library and Publisher is seeking submissions for the 2018 Mrs. Paula Chinwe Okafor Prize
for Creative Non-Fiction. The prize, which is worth NGN50,000 recognizes distinction in Nigerian
It honors the life and work of Mrs. Paula Chinwe Okafor (1956 -2016) an avid reader, and a lover of the
arts and literature. Young Nigerian women (ages 18-35) writing in English within creative non-fiction
genre are eligible to enter the competition. Such works must be distinguished by first-hand research,
well-crafted interpretive writing and a creative use of language or approach to the subject matter.
Selection will be based on quality, originality, and the capacity of the story to remain undiminished by
the passage of time. The shortlists and winner will be announced on the 8th of December at the Crater
Literary Festival, Enugu.
Entries close at midnight November 30, 2018
• Genre: Creative non-fiction (personal essay, memoir, travel writing, narrative journalism etc.)
• Subject or theme: Any
• Not more than 5000 words with 1 inch margin, 12 point and Times New Roman font.
• Submit entry to “email@example.com”.
• Subject title of email must be “Entry for Mrs. Paula Chinwe Okafor Prize for Creative Non-
• All entries must be typed on MS word and sent as an attachment.
• Submission should also include a short bio stating name, address, phone number, brief
• Multiple entries are not accepted.
Photo Credit @thecraterlibrary